Director, HR and Employee Relations – Bunim Murray Productions
This role will provide Human Resource support to Bunim-Murray Productions to facilitate growth in a fun and dynamic working environment. This role is primarily responsible for supporting managers and employees and production teams on Human Resource and ER issues throughout the US and Canada. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President, HR.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide daily strategic HR support to Studio Productions (e.g. Run-of-Show, episodic, pilots) including heavy employee relations, compliance, compensation, staffing and recruitment, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures for represented and non-represented staff.
- Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
- Manage performance in collaboration with other departments (legal and labor relations where appropriate)
- Lead efforts to manage and deliver on key HR initiatives: Compensation, Diversity and Inclusion, Training and driving performance metrics
- Strong knowledge of state (California/New York) and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration
- Working with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training, and skill development.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills
- Continually monitors and maintains company policies and procedures, and manages the overall company and corporate communication plans; stays abreast of legal issues relating to employment and employees
- Responsible for implementing training curriculum for new managers and top-performers
- Review exit interviews to help develop retention strategies and monitor attrition
- Build expert knowledge of HRIS platforms (WorkDay knowledge is a plus)
- Assist in identifying and strategically analyzing organizational development opportunities to ensure departments are set up to operate efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7+ years relevant HR experience, preferably as a generalist/manager or employee relations specialist.
- Creative problem solver with a passion for Human Relations
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills required
- Strong understanding of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices required
- Previous experience with labor unions strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills required
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives
- Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills required
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
- Must have ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities
- Solid written and verbal communication skills a must, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
- Media/Broadcast/Cable/Production experience preferred
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, WorkDay HRIS preferred
- Ability to work in a diverse, and fast paced environment
- Human Resources Management Certificate or Senior Professional in HR (SPHR)
CLICK HERE to apply.