Celebrities Transform into Music Idols to Compete for Their Favorite Charities in Univision’s “Tu Cara Me Suena” (Your Face Sounds Familiar)
The International Hit Music Competition Airs for the First Time in Spanish-language Television in the U.S. on Sunday, October 4 at 8 p.m. ET on Univision
October 1, 2020 – The eight celebrities participating in the international hit music competition “Tu Cara Me Suena” (Your Face Sounds Familiar) will transform to look, move and sound like music idols all for a good cause starting Sunday, October 4, at 8 p.m. ET on Univision.
For the first time in Spanish-language television in the U.S., each week, celebrities will prepare with vocal coaches, choreographers, staging and acting experts to deliver memorable performances. Then, they will go into “el clonador” (the clone maker) for an extreme makeover and physically transform into the music idol they will impersonate. The judges will award points to each performance, and celebrities will be able to give extra points to fellow participants. The star with the most points will be declared winner of the night and will receive a prize for the charity they represent.
At the end of each show, the celebrities will have to pull handle, the “randomizer,” to find out who is the music idol they will have to impersonate next week.
Celebrities have designated the charities that will benefit from their performances. The winner of “Tu Cara Me Suena” will receive the biggest prize for their charity. The entities are focused on a variety of causes, from healthcare to immigration to domestic violence.
The celebrities and the designated charities are:
- Chantal Andere - Alianza Nacional para la Salud Hispana, a science -and community- based organization that focuses on improving health and well-being for all.
- Gabriel Coronel - Amigos for Kids, works to prevent child abuse and neglect by valuing children, strengthening families and educating communities.
- El Dasa - Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights (CHIRLA), made of diverse immigrant families and individuals who act as agents of social change to achieve a world with freedom of mobility, full human rights, and true participatory democracy.
- Sandra Echeverría - Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, one of South Florida’s leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere.
- Francisca Lachapel - Afro-Latino Association for Policy & Advocacy, creates awareness of the unique cultural impact of Afro-Latinos, create programs, and support public policy positively impacting Blacks, Latinos and other people of color.
- Melina León - Esclerosis Múltiple de Puerto Rico, whose main objective, as well as its reason for being, is the coordination of efforts and work directed towards education about multiple sclerosis and to promote the well-being of patients suffering from this condition, in order to achieve a better quality of life for them and their families.
- Llane - No More, an organization dedicated to ending domestic violence and sexual assault by increasing awareness, inspiring action and fueling culture change.
- Pablo Montero - Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School, which provides quality education to the diverse immigrant population of the District of Columbia through English as a second language, workforce development, and support services.
The panel of judges, comprised by recognized stars in the music and entertainment industry, includes music composer and lead singer of the popular group Reik, Jesús Navarro; host, singer and actress Charytín; singer, composer, Latin GRAMMY® winner and recently the most nominated woman, with 5 nominees, for the 21st Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards® Kany García; and actress, singer, comedian, and TV and radio personality Angélica Vale, who will also be the celebrities’ mentor.
The charismatic presenter of UniMás hit reality show “Enamorándonos” (Love is in the Air) Rafael Araneda and the popular actress Ana Brenda Contreras will host “Tu Cara Me Suena,” while the talented Amara La Negra will be the backstage host bringing viewers the action from behind the scenes as well as the latest on social media.
“Tu Cara Me Suena” is a co-production of Univision and Endemol Shine Boomdog.