FOX L7 Ratings: LEGO Masters Launches Television's #1 Debut in Over a Year
(February 15, 2020) - On the heels of Super Bowl LIV and its #SuperMonday campaign, FOX successfully launched its new series, LEGO MASTERS, while THE MASKED SINGER delivered television’s highest-rated entertainment telecast of 2020, and 9-1-1: LONE STAR, PRODIGAL SON, GORDON RAMSAY’S 24 HOURS TO HELL AND BACK, LAST MAN STANDING, OUTMATCHED and DEPUTY all posted week-to-week gains in Live + 7 Day ratings for the week of February 3rd.
LEGO MASTERS registered television’s #1 debut in over a year (excluding post-NFL), averaging a 2.5/12 L7 rating, up nearly a full rating point from Live + Same Day and becoming television’s largest L7 lift for an unscripted debut since the series premiere of THE MASKED SINGER. Across platforms, LEGO MASTERS averaged 9.8 million viewers. The Wednesday, February 5th, time-period premiere of THE MASKED SINGER and launch of LEGO MASTERS rank as the top two entertainment telecasts for the entire week and drove FOX to win the night by +56%. LEGO MASTERS, 9-1-1: LONE STAR and PRODIGAL SON rank as this season’s top three series premieres.
On #SuperMonday, 9-1-1: LONE STAR and PRODIGAL SON drove FOX to be up +21% from the prior week, with 9-1-1: LONE STAR logging its highest-rated episode since its post-NFC premiere, as well as its most-streamed episode. PRODIGAL SON delivered its highest rating and most-watched episode since October. On Tuesday, GORDON RAMSAY’S 24 HOURS TO HELL AND BACK reached a season high, while on Thursday, LAST MAN STANDING, OUTMATCHED and DEPUTY were each up a tenth from prior week.
LEGO MASTERS (2.5/12 L7) is this season’s #1 debut (excluding post-NFL) and the #1 debut in over a year (since 1/7/19, NBC’s AGT Champions 2.5/9 L7; excluding post-NFL).
- With a +0.9 rating point lift from L+SD to L+7, LEGO MASTERS posted TV’s biggest gain for an unscripted debut since FOX’s year-ago series premiere of THE MASKED SINGER (+1.2 L+SD > L+7).
THE MASKED SINGER (3.1/15 L7, 12.3 million multi-platform viewers) and LEGO MASTERS (2.5/12 L7, 9.8 million multi-platform) rank as the top two entertainment telecasts of the week of February 3rd (excluding specials).
- THE MASKED SINGER’s time period premiere was the highest-rated entertainment telecast of 2020-to-date (excluding post-NFL and Award shows).
FOX ranked #1 Wednesday night (2.8/14 L7 avg) in A18-49, up +56% from #2 NBC’s Chicago drama block (1.8/9 L7).
- FOX also ranked #1 on Wednesday night among Kids 2-11 (2.4/20 L7 avg) and Teens 12-17 (1.4/16 L7 avg), with a significant lead over the competition.
On #SuperMonday, FOX (1.7/8 L7) was up +21% week-to-week, with 9-1-1 LONE STAR (#1) and PRODIGAL SON (#2 tie-Manifest) ranking among the top scripted programs of the night.
- 9-1-1: LONE STAR (1.9/9 L7, 10.9 million multi-platform) delivered its highest-rated episode since its post-NFC premiere among Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers and most-streamed episode (1.7 mil) since its debut (1.9 mil, 1/19/20).
- PRODIGAL SON (1.5/7 L7, 7.1 million multi-platform) delivered its highest A18-49 rating since 10/14/19, its most-watched episode since 10/7/19, and most-streamed episode since November (769K, 11/25/19).
- Tuesday night’s airing of GORDON RAMSAY’S 24 HOURS TO HELL AND BACK (1.1/5 L7) was a season high, up +22% from prior week.
- LAST MAN STANDING (1.2/6 L7), OUTMATCHED (0.9/4 L7) and DEPUTY (1.1/5 L7) were each up a tenth from last week’s telecasts.
- FOX has the top three debuts of the season with LEGO MASTERS, 9-1-1: LONE STAR and PRODIGAL SON.
- 9-1-1: LONE STAR and PRODIGAL SON are television’s top two new dramas this season.
Season to-date, FOX ranks as the #1 network, and is the only broadcast network to see year-over-year gains.
- FOX: +16% (2.2/10 L7)
- NBC: -16% (1.6/8 L7)
- ABC: -8% (1.1/6 L7)
- CBS: -39% (1.1/6 L7)
Excluding sports, FOX ranks as the #1 network and outpaced #2-tie ABC/NBC by +9%.
- FOX: -8% (1.2/5 L7)
- ABC: -8% (1.1/5 L7)
- NBC: -27% (1.1/6 L7)
- CBS: -23% (1.0/5 L7)