This Paralegal position will carry out a range of duties under the supervision of two attorneys in the Business & Legal Affairs department. This role will be focused mainly on contract drafting and review in both Development and Production for Scripted and Non-Scripted Projects, and Licensing, Brand/Sponsorship and Ancillary deals, as well as other general support for the Business & Legal Affairs team.
- Draft and review/revise contracts and other legal documents, ranging from standard to highly complex, for attorney review and approval, with a high degree of competence, knowledge, legal judgment and drafting skill. Range of subject matters may include all matters handled within the BALA Department, including (but not limited to) Scripted and Non-Scripted Development and Production; and Licensing, Brand/Sponsorship/Product Integration and Ancillary deals.
- Duties include work related to projects for ESNA’s LA-based programming team as well as ESNA’s companies Endemol Shine Latino and Endemol Shine Boomdog, which focus on Spanish-language and Latino-themed programming.
- Draft or review contracts such as vendor agreements for ESNA’s other departments, such as Finance, HR, Operations, etc.
- Liaise with outside counsel in connection with the negotiation and drafting of certain development agreements.
- Work with the GC and Department VP on projects for parent company Endemol Shine Group (“ESG”) and liaise with ESG Legal Team as requested, including for the implementation of ESG corporate policies.
- Handle copyright, trademark, employment, litigation, music, general corporate legal and other legal matters (which may include coordinating with outside counsel).
- Prepare reports, summaries, memos and analyses of agreements and other matters.
- Update and maintain schedules, databases, including tracking agreements/deals in progress as well as fully executed contracts. This includes both hard copy documents (filing) and management of electronic databases/systems.
- Assist in production of documents for lawyers (status reports, research, summaries, due diligence requests, litigation matters as necessary).
- Prepare and maintain records, reports and documents for compliance purposes.
- Perform administrative tasks and handling other assignments at the direction of Business & Legal Affairs attorneys.
- Minimum of seven years experience as a paralegal in the entertainment/media business. (Paralegal Certificate required).
- Applicants with or without a Juris Doctorate (JD), California Bar Admission will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- The ability to consistently solve problems with a high degree of independent decision-making.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated strong operational expertise.
- Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters.
- Full knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and customary contract policies, language and standards in the entertainment industry.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision while exercising the judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly team-oriented.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to build business acumen and understand core elements of the applicable business area(s).
- Generally tech savvy and self-sufficient, and able to learn new skills necessary to keep pace with an ever-changing landscape.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
- Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
- Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
- Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Endemol Shine North America, please click here.