The Manager, Participations has a key role in the accounting, management, analysis, interpretation, reporting and discharge of union, participation, and residual obligations to all third-party participants as well as the accrual of these liabilities for reporting purposes. The position reports to the Director, Participation and will also work closely with business affairs, programming, and production.
- Oversee the compilation of relevant data and materials needed in order to prepare participation statements and cover letters.
- Gather and legal agreements and other related written correspondence to support complete reporting of residuals and participations.
- Communication and interaction with participants to ensure participation reporting obligations are met accurately and timely.
- Manage audits as they arise.
- Manage participation statements based on review of underlying contractual reporting obligations. with legal counsel to interpret contract provisions as appropriate.
- Ascertain the appropriate credit lists from each production for accurate submission to the payroll services company for residuals calculations.
- Review residual schedules for accuracy and promptly instruct the payroll company of any needed revisions.
- Work with programming to ensure complete reporting to payroll services companies regarding air history for all shows for residuals invoicing.
- Review residuals invoicing for accuracy and provide approval to the payroll services company ensuring timely and accurate payments throughout.
- The ability to develop and manage staff to achieve the goals of the department
- The ability to multitask and interact professionally with all levels of personnel within and outside organization.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- The ability to review legal agreements.
- Strong experience in Excel
- Knowledge of TV residuals and union agreements is essential.
- Five to seven years of previous participations and residual experience.