This Legal Assistant position will carry out a range of duties under the supervision of the Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs. This role will be focused mainly on administrative functions primarily for two attorneys, as well as other general support for the Business & Legal Affairs team.
- Answers calls, sends emails and assists in distribution of agreements/documentation and status reports to executives on a regular basis.
- Manages calendars, call sheets, schedules and coordinates meetings, conference calls, creates meeting agendas and circulates meeting materials, manages expense reports.
- Assists with drafting, redlining, and preparing legal documents including, but not limited to development and production agreements, NDAs, brand licenses, marketing agreements, integrations, music licenses, powers of attorney, procurement agreements, routine letters and other correspondence, and reviews and edits prepared documents for accuracy.
- Maintains and administers the Department’s digital/hard copy files.
- Delivers agreements for execution by parties and assists in monitoring dates of legal significance.
- Performing administrative tasks and handling other assignments at the direction of General Counsel, Vice President and/or Junior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a legal assistant in the entertainment/media business.
- Applicants with or without a Juris Doctorate (JD), California Bar Admission will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must be extremely resourceful and effective at maintaining a high level of confidentiality in terms of dissemination of information/communication within the department as well as externally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, frequently changing priorities and office tasks in a calm and systematic manner.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters.
- Full knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and customary contract policies, language and standards in the entertainment industry.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision while exercising the judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly team-oriented and collaborative.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to build business acumen and understand core elements of the applicable business area(s)
- Generally tech savvy and self-sufficient, and able to learn new skills necessary to keep pace with an ever-changing landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Detailed oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
- Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
- Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
- Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Endemol Shine North America, please click here.