We are seeking a detail oriented Junior Accountant to join our accounting team.
This position is a key member of the accounting team with responsibility for preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, assisting in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and performing key accounting tasks related to the month-end and year-end close process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Records journal entries including recurring and non-recurring items to keep ledger up to date and accurate.
- Maintains and reconciles balance sheet account schedules on a weekly basis to the general ledger.
- Compiles analysis/reports for various internal and external uses, such as month-end review, year-end audit, tax preparers and other upper management needs.
- Assists in creating intercompany invoices and reconciling intercompany accounts.
- Assists with Accounts Payable functions.
- Assists with Accounts Receivable functions.
- Assists with tracking credit card expenses and travel and entertainment expenses using Concur System.
- Other accounting functions and projects as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to work independently (self-starter) and a good team player.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- MS Excel and MS Word proficiency required.
- Working knowledge of Navision accounting software is preferred.
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry desired but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality policy and have a strong sense of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting/Finance)
- Two years accounting experience
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Endemol Shine North America, please click here.