Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
This Legal Coordinator position will carry out a range of duties under the supervision of the General Counsel and Vice President of the Business & Legal Affairs department. This role will be focused on administrative functions primarily for the General Counsel and VP; paralegal responsibilities; as well as other general support for the Business & Legal Affairs team.
- Answers calls, sends emails and assists in distribution of agreements/documentation and status reports to executives on a regular basis.
- Manages calendars, call sheets, and schedules and coordinates meetings and conference calls; creates meeting agendas and circulates meeting materials; manages expense reports.
- Attends and takes notes on, and creates minutes for, certain corporate board and committee meetings.
- Maintains and updates corporate org chart, including liaising with outside corporate counsel for the formation and dissolution of, and revisions to, corporate entities.
- Communicates with international parent company trademark, policy and other matters.
- Drafts licensing, brand integration and other contracts under the supervision of the GC or VP.
- Draft or review contracts such as vendor agreements for ESNA’s other departments, such as Finance, HR, Operations, etc.
- Assists with preparation of legal documents and redlines, drafts routine letters and other correspondence, and reviews and edits prepared documents for accuracy.
- Maintains and administers the Department’s digital and physical files.
- Delivers agreements for execution by parties and assists in monitoring dates of legal significance.
- Prepares and reviews intra-company deal memos governing the flow of IP within the Banijay Group.
- Assists in litigation matters as needed, included responses to subpoenas, and updates quarterly claims reports for submission to parent company.
- Communicates with the company’s Mexico City-based company, Endemol Shine Boomdog, for which the ESNA BALA team provides support, and attends weekly legal meetings (via Zoom) with ES Boomdog and ESNA BALA team.
- Performs other administrative or paralegal tasks and handles other assignments at the direction of General Counsel and/or VP.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a legal assistant in the entertainment/media business.
- Must be extremely resourceful and effective at maintaining a high level of confidentiality in terms of dissemination of information/communication within the department as well as externally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, frequently changing priorities and office tasks in a calm and systematic manner.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters.
- Full knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and customary contract policies, language and standards in the entertainment industry.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision while exercising the judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
- Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly team-oriented and collaborative.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to build business acumen and understand core elements of the applicable business area(s)
- Generally tech savvy and self-sufficient, and able to learn new skills necessary to keep pace with an ever-changing landscape.
- Juris Doctor degree or Paralegal Certificate. Such degrees are not requirements, but may allow more flexibility on other qualifications and offer future opportunity for promotion.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
- Good overall business judgment and self-confidence.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
- Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
- Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
CLICK HERE to apply.